Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
   Abraham Lincoln



"Motherhood is near to divinity ... the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind."
   J. Reuben Clark, Jr.

"I'd rather be a mother than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth....
I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed
Than twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyes
Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise."
   Meredith Gray

"Your success as a family ... our success as a nation ... depends not on what happens inside the White House, but on what happens inside your house."
   Barbara Bush

"She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, ... long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choices blessings of God.  In her high duty and service to humanity ..., she is co-partner with the Creator himself."
   David O. McKay

No comments:

Post a Comment