Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pink Paradise!  

Right in our own backyard. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. It all happened one morning earlier this week.  The Treasure Valley got dumped on with an unusual amount of snow and extremely cold weather, which of course made for a winter wonderland.  But to add to that beauty, the clouds cleared one morning allowing the sun to rise and greet the world with a most glorious pinkish glow. Still in my pj's and blue, mid-calf  fuzzy bathrobe, I grabbed Kirk's camera (which by the way he gave to me for our anniversary), my snow boots, and headed out the back porch to capture the wonder of the morning sky.  I only intended to take a few photos, not wanting the neighbors, human or mammal to witness a real live housewife (June Cleaver would have been jealous) But realizing this was a once in a life time moment that may never happen again, I boldly ventured out around the yard, front to back and finding myself caught up in rural Mother Nature.  So here's what I witnessed one treasured winter morning, a Pink Paradise.







I think Noah just might want to trade it for his rainbow . . .  :)

1 comment: